This tutorial is the result of my quest to find the best way to build fast, CMS-based, easy to manage, SEO friendly websites that would be well capable of generating money.
(I wanted to use the word “extra” but then why “extra”? It could very well be “main” money! The act of “generating money online” I envision as an act of easily delivering useful products or services to other people with the help of a website and being compensated for your work. The less problems or tractions that are happening during this process – the better)
The following features of WEB site building tool as well as features of final website were of the most importance:
- Ability to quickly build fully featured website. No painstaking struggles with web building software itself is acceptable.
- Ability to easily manage website from any internet-connected computer with any browser. In other words I want CMS (Contents Management System) based solution. No “create here and then copy there” solutions are acceptable any more.
- Ability to clone website – duplicate your success at will!
- Web site needs to load fast – Google spider wouldn’t wait 30 seconds to read your sluggish pages and will move on.
- SEO: Web site needs to be highly optimized for search engines and SEO-important elements and structures needs to be highly customizable.
- Web site needs to be WEB2.0 ready. Meaning:
- Allowing your visitors/members to contribute and share contents right on your website.
- Having Social Media / Social Networking elements either built-in or easily added.
- Web site needs to be perfectly suitable for online e-commerce – in other words I want to be able to build online store to sell anything.
- Web site needs to be compatible with modern membership-based solutions (for the webmasters who wants to build membership sites)
- Web site needs to be able to be properly indexable by spiders and able to rank high on major search engines. This of course depends on skills of webmaster, but having these skills – the solution needs to be on par.
- Web site needs to have integrated backup facility – I had my share of defacings done by mentally challenged script kiddies and backups are a necessity of life.